- Work out in the morning. It’s been shown that when you wake up and work out first thing in the morning (or soon after eating light breakfast) your body has to work a bit harder and so it burns a bit more calories, also giving you more energy for the day.
- Workout outside. Running outside feels different than running on a treadmill. Going against the forces makes it harder than running on a treadmill. In the cold time of the year, your body has to work harder to warm up so it burns even more calories. It also positively affects your health and eating habits when you spend time outside and get plenty of fresh air.
- Always have at least 30g of protein for breakfast. In one study, people who ate breakfast full of protein weren’t snacking as much during a day and ate less in general than those who ate mostly carbs for breakfast.
- Drink green tea all day long. Some research shows that it helps to speed up metabolism and increase fat loss. Drink up to 5 cups a day and get decaf if you’re sensitive to caffeine.
- Fit in little and random workouts throughout your day. Go for walks, shopping, take stairs.
- Get busy. When you are busy and constantly doing something, you won’t have much time to sit around and think about food, unless you are truly hungry (and when you are, you’ll be fine with filling up on healthy food). We’ve all been to those situations when we open our fridges to find “something not sure what” and it’s often triggered by boredom, not actual hunger. Eating in front of TV or while reading can also make you eat more than you actually wanted.
- Take a multivitamin and try to eat healthy. Before you cut your calories, just change the way you eat and you’ll see you will be less hungry instantly. Sugary foods cause insulin spike which is why you’ll feel hungry again in 2 hours or less after eating a stack of buttermilk pancakes with syrup.
- Sometimes you don’t have time for a big workout and that’s ok. Just 10 minutes can “wake up” your metabolism and increase fast loss.
- Add spices and herbs to your diet to decrease your appetite and increase fat loss. For example, cayenne pepper, ginger, turmeric can all help to decrease appetite and cravings.
- Eat foods high in potassium and sweat in sauna to decrease bloating and “water weight”.
Try to incorporate these tips into your daily routine, and get the body you want faster!