Here’s why another diet didn’t work, and the reason why “move more, eat less” isn’t always an answer.
Weight loss isn’t just about calories in and calories out.
In fact, some research shows that weight loss, especially for women, is fully depend on hormonal balance.
Hormones can get messed up from certain habits, and here’s what happens:
- High cortisol: this hormone causes belly fat deposits, bad PMS;
- High inslulin, that causes sugar cravings, increased appetite, and more;
- Blocked leptin:decreases feeling of fullness and increases appetite;
- Thyroid problems, that leads to hair loss and water retention;
- High estrogen: weight loss resistance, moodiness, PMS, heavy periods.
So how to fix it?
- Decrease cortisol
Besides your diet and exercise routine, to get rid of that muffin top and you need to distress. It’s not always easy. Some things in life you can’t stop or can’t change. Control what you can, and don’t stress out about things that you can’t manage anyway. Here are some tips:
- Make a habit to do something little for yourself daily. It can be hard for busy moms, who need to be engaged into something all day, but small things such as taking bubble bath, listening to music that you enjoy can be very helpful. Getting regular massages would be a wonderful thing to do.
- Spend more time outside. The nature has amazing capabilities calming you down and rejuvenating your mental health.
- Do deep breathing exercises daily.
- Add calming stretches and yoga to your workout routine.
- Limit alcohol and coffee.
- Add vitamin B complex, magnesium and omega-3 in your diet.
2. Fix insulin
- Increase healthy fats in your diet, such as avocados and nuts, and decrease sugar intake.
- Eat small food portions often to avoid low blood sugar that will make you overeat.
- Eat more fiber.
- Exercise regularly.
3. Reverse leptin resistance
- Make healthy sleep habits. People who don’t get enough sleep are associated with higher leptin levels and more weight gain in various studies.
- Relieve stress.
- Eat anti-inflammatory foods such as: berries, fatty fish, avocados,brocoolo, peppers, mushrooms,grapes.
4. Heal your thyroid
- And again, stress is here to blame. It affects your thyroid function and causes adrenal glands exhaustion which creates problems with thyroid. Decrease stress by listening to calm music, and doing breathing exercises daily.
- Exercise vigorously and sweat in a sauna. You need to detoxify your body to get rid of toxins that lower T3 levels and slow down your fat-burning abilities.
- Eat specific healing foods such as: fatty fish, leafy greens, Brazil nuts.
5. Balance your estrogen
- Your liver is responsible for getting rid of excess estrogen, so to support your liver, take vitamin B complex, drink dandelion tea, and eat quality protein.
- Eat more fiber.
- Fix your gut. Include probiotics and eat healthy diet that will support healthy gut.
- Stress less, once again!
I hope these tips will help you to balance your hormones and improve your health, mood and weight loss. If you think you might have hormonal issues, it’s a great idea to go to doctor and take a blood test to know for sure. Remember that when you eat healthy and workout, you do the best for your body.