Florida’s Islands are charming. Clear blue water, road surrounded by the ocean, lots of places for snorkeling with gorgeous underwater life and unique restaurants, it’s definitely a place to visit in the United States.
Here is our list of most fun activities and restaurants with best quality food and views you could try when you’re in the area.
1. Go snorkeling
Florida keys is popular spot for snorkeling for a reason. The ocean in the Keys is filled with gorgeous corrals, sea life and even underwater statues. There are a lot of agencies all over Florida keys, you can easily find one located near where you stay.
2. Swim in a blue, see-thru water
It might be disappointing for some, but Florida Keys doesn’t have a lot of soft-sand beaches. Since it’s all corrals, it’s a good idea to bring water shoes with. However, you can stay at a resort with private beach where you’ll have access to a nice beach and pool. This is probably the best option if you’re heading to any of the islands. If you’ve already booked you hotel that doesn’t have beach access, don’t worry: that clean, bright-blue water will still make your time in the ocean enjoyable. Here’s a list of some of the best beaches we’ve tried and loved that aren’t included into any resorts:
- Marker 88: it’s a beach with a restaurant, where you can enjoy delicious seafood and have a nice swim after. It’s $5 per person and $10 per chair. Located in Islamorada.
- Anne’s beach: another beach in Islamorada, was still closed for reconstruction after Hurricane when we visited so you need to check if it’s open. If it’ still closed, there are small beaches down this road where you can stop by for a swim, for free.
- Smather’s beach in Key West (you need to pay to enter)
- Fort Zachary Taylor beach in Key West (you need to pay to enter)
- John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park offers glass-bottom boat tours, snorkeling as well as has too beaches, Cannon beach and Far beach you can swim at (Cannon beach has more sand). There’s also an entrance fee. 3. Visit Butterfly conservatory in Key west
It’s one of those places you can’t miss. It feels like a fairy-tale when you come in and see hundreds of beautiful butterflies flattering all around! You also get to see flamingoes and turtles.
4. Swim with dolphins
While it’s not a cheap experience, it’s one of the kind. Seeing dolphins up-close and interacting with them will create memories that will last you a lifetime. Another option you can choose is to kiss a dolphin or even paint with dolphin, which could be great for smaller kids who can’t swim yet.
5. Eat at these places
Florida’s Keys has some gorgeous oceanfront restaurants that serve delicious seafood. Here’s a list of our favorites:
- Marker 88: as I mentioned this place before, it has beach and restaurant, located in Islamorada.
- Skipper’s Dockside in Key Largo facing Marin.
- Snook’s Bayside Restaurant & Grand Tiki has beautiful views and unique drinks, Key Largo
4. The Island fish Co. with gorgeous oceanfront views and variety of food on their menu.
5. Latitudes: fine dining restaurant with ocean views in Key West.
6. Little Pearl in Key West serves seafood and unique desserts.
7. Don’t forget to try Cuban Coffee! There are several Cuban coffee shops across the islands.
I hope you’ll enjoy your stay at Florida Keys!
I put my effort, time and passion into writing this blog. My blog is ads-free for your convenience. If you desire, you can donate using this link below. Thank you!